All Natural, All the TimeJune 1, 2018
Swedish MassagesAugust 7, 2018
Wrap Me Up
What is a body wrap?
The body wrap is a treatment that was created for its variety of benefits. Certain wraps will leave your skin softer, tighter, and more nourished and toned. Other wraps focus on removing excess fluid or fat from your body. Wraps can also be used to detoxify your body. Special oils, creams, and other mineral-rich formulas are applied to your entire body (excluding your face and genital area)
and then you are literally wrapped in cotton, bandages, or plastic film. The body wrap treatment aids in the drawing out of
dirt, toxins, and excess water from the skin.
The different types of body wraps
and their benefits
There are many different options available when it comes to body wraps. Below is a list of some of the more popular body wraps
available on the market today, as well as a description of their specific benefits. Have a look at our body treatments page for
a list of the body wraps available at our day spa.
- The aromatic oil body wrap uses essential oils to moisturise your dry, dehydrated skin, leaving you with a well-nourished, smoother complexion.
- A herbal body wrap eliminates dead skin cells with a blend of herbs and essential oils. You may also find that some other body wraps offer an exfoliation as part of their treatment. Check when you make your booking whether or not an exfoliation is included in your body wrap.
- The very popular slimming body wrap literally sweats out excess water and toxins from your body. It tones, cleanses, and tightens your skin, allowing you to temporarily lose centimetres, maybe even a dress size or two. For more information on our slimming Chili wrap, read this article.
- The cellulite treatment wrap helps to boost circulation and flush toxins away from your skin, specifically around your thighs and buttocks.
- A paraffin body wrap brushes paraffin wax directly over your body, forming its own hard layer around your skin. This is helpful for reducing muscle pain.
- An algae body wrap treatment is efficient in kick-starting cell metabolism and helps with detoxification. Because your skin is your largest organ, detoxifying it can have a significant effect on your overall health and well-being.
- A thalasso (seaweed) body wrap is a combination of seawater, seaweed, and algae. It is used to refresh,hydrate, and detoxify your body.
- The clay body wrap removes excess water and impurities from your skin while relaxing you with its anti-stress properties.
- The cocoa-rich chocolate body wrap is great for its anti-ageing, toning, and softening qualities./li>
What can I expect from a body wrap?
If you are a little uncertain about what will happen during your body wrap treatment,
below is a step-by-step breakdown of what you can expect.
- Remove your clothes | You will need to strip down to your underwear or a bikini. If only your lower half is undergoing a wrap, you can wear something comfortable on top.
- Exfoliation | This step is not included in all body wraps. You can check when you make a booking if it is included in the wrap you want. If your wrap does include exfoliation, your beauty therapist will remove dead skin cells with a gentle scrub.
- Rinse | If your body wrap treatment does not include exfoliation, it will not be necessary for you to undergo a rinse at this point.
- Application of formula and wrapping | Your beauty therapist will begin applying your specifically chosen formula to your body. Depending on which wrap you have chosen, you will then either be wrapped in cloth or plastic film. She will apply the formula to your body section by section, wrapping each section before moving on to the next. Once you have been fully wrapped, heated towels may additionally be placed over you to aid the absorption process.
- Relax | Now it's time for you to relax. You'll be left alone for up to half an hour while you wait for the treatment to fully absorb and do its work. If you'd like, your beauty therapist could use this time to give you an invigorating Indian head massage. Make sure you include this in your booking when you make it.
- Unwrapping and rinse | Once the prescribed time has passed, your beauty therapist will begin unwrapping you. She will either rinse you off using the Vichy shower, or direct you to a shower where you can do this yourself. Unless instructed, make sure you don't use a shower gel or any other cleansing product when rinsing as it may remove all the oils and minerals absorbed during your wrap.
- Moisturising | Once you have rinsed off and are dry, your beauty therapist will apply a moisturiser or body oil to your skin in order to protect and soften it. This will also leave you feeling even more refreshed and glowing.
We Support Natural Products
The Natural Living Spa and Wellness Centre is a day spa in Polokwane that supports the use of natural products.
Many of our body treatments use wraps and masks we have created ourselves using only the finest natural
products. We have a wide variety of spa treatments and spa day packages that not only use natural products,
but also leave you and your skin feeling fresh and invigorated.
We are committed to providing natural health solutions, because taking care of your skin is our main priority. If
caring for your skin is important to you and you'd like to try a more natural approach, why not book one of our
facials, aromatherapy massage treatments, or body treatments. Give yourself the natural treatment you deserve
– our expert staff are waiting to pamper you... naturally.